CCTV or closed-circuit television, also known as video surveillance is a video camera to transmit a signal to a particular place on some specific monitors. CCTV installation is required for the purpose of safety at home.
The growing crimes nowadays have made this equipment so popular. You can keep an eye on your entire house through this equipment from one room.
Different Types of CCTV Cameras
CCTV Installation is very important to improve the security of your home. So, it is essential to choose the right camera for the right place and purpose. You will get varieties of CCTV cameras in the market with a variety of features. So, it becomes difficult to choose the best from the lot.
We will discuss some of the popular types of cameras in the following section:
- Dome CCTV Camera: This is the most popular CCTV camera that is used for home security. It comes in a dome shape housing, so it is named after that. The housing is designed in such a manner that it remains unremarkable. It is ideal for discouraging the criminals because the shape of this equipment makes it difficult for intruders to understand the direction of the cameras.
- Bullet CCTV Installation Camera: This type of camera comes in long, pointed and cylindrical shape. It is used for long distance viewing. It can capture images from a permanent location spotting a particular region. It can be installed on the ceiling or on the wall as it is typically designed for indoors.
- CCTV Cameras of C Mount Type: These types of cameras come with different applications such as detachable lenses which can cover a distance of up to 40 ft.
- CCTV Camera for Day or Night: These cameras can be used in both standard and poorly lit areas. They do not have infrared illuminators as they capture clear video images in unstable light conditions.
- Night/ Infrared Vision CCTV Camera: This type of cameras is capable of capturing images at night with the help of infrared LEDs.
- IP/ Network CCTV Camera: They are easy to install. They do not need a separate cable or power boost for sending images to a longer distance.
- Wireless CCTV Camera: All wireless cameras are not IP based. Some can use other modes of wireless broadcasting. They are also easy to install.
- HD or High Definition CCTV Camera: This type of cameras come with zoom in ability with great clarity.
Advantages of A CCTV Camera in Home Security
Two types of thoughts are found when it comes to installing CCTV cameras at home. People who do not have a CCTV camera come up with privacy and safety issues. On the other side of the picture, in some countries, there are firm rules by the government for CCTV installation at premises for safety reasons.
The public has all rights to see their own recorded films. These films are stored for a reasonable period of time after that they are destroyed. The films will not be used against anyone if the culprit has not committed any crime. These films are recorded only to stop the increased rate of crimes. There are many advantages of using a CCTV installation system.
The use of this equipment has proved to be very effective in crime prevention. The maids working in your house can easily be observed. If they try to steal things you will get to know about that very easily. When your son is with his friends behind the closed doors you can keep an eye on them.
You will stay informed about their activities. Householders feel safe and secured with a CCTV security system installed in their residence.
Photo by Cristiano Betta