If you are planning a trip to Shimla, congratulations! Shimla used to be the summer capital of the British rulers of our country at one point in time. This hill station with its authentic charm hypnotizes people who come to visit this place from across the country. This salubrious hill station will make you come back to this place time and again.
How to travel to Shimla from Delhi?
Shimla is well connected via bus and trains. Nevertheless, if you want to enjoy the most of your trip, do not wait until you reach this city. The journey from Delhi to Shimla by personal car or rental cab services can be one mesmerizing experience. You can always opt for Delhi to Shimla cab service for an awesome journey. Nowadays, people of Delhi take Shimla as the most enchanting weekend getaway and that too for good reasons! By taking a cab, you will be traveling via NH44 and NH5 which will take approximately 7 hours on the road. Shimla is 342km away from Delhi. Check out the astounding natural beauty which will fall on your way to Shimla. We guarantee that you will love the abundant nature on your way!
Places to see in Shimla:
Here are some of the places you must not miss on your Shimla trip.
- Shimla Mall: Located at the heart of the town, the mesmerizing Shimla Mall is one such place you must not miss. This place attracts lots of activities around it and can be considered as the best place if you want to feel the city’s true pulse, just by sitting at the Mall. Do check this place out.
- Kufri: Kufri is located just 19km away from Shimla and falls on the NH22. The breath-taking beauty, the scenic beauty of this place will entice you time and again. Also, you can always enjoy various activities in here like skiing, hiking, and many other fun games. Do visit this place.
- Jakhoo Hill: the Highest point of Shimla city, this place is surrounded by Alpine trees. If you are in search of tranquillity and serenity, then go for this uphill trek route of Jakhoo Hill. The serenity of this place will mesmerize you, that’s guaranteed. Also, don’t forget to check the newly installed Hanuman Statue over there.
- Annandale: This small plain land was once used by the British as the race course. Now it has been converted into a golf course. This place is an amazing place to enjoy the abundant greenery of the tall, towering English trees and the lush green of the mountain hills. Do visit this place.
- Kali Bari Temple: This famous temple is considered as the holiest of all the temples of Shimla. This temple is located just 10miutes away from the famous Mall Road. Do check this place and the evening vesper offerings that are done here.